This week I packed up my entire world into a bag, once again. Cried at an airport departure gate. Scribbled furiously in my notebook on an airplane tray table. Breathed out the humid air of the caribbean, and breathed in the crisp air of new adventure.
With big life change comes perspective. Leaving somewhere gives me space for reflection. Saying goodbye makes me grateful. Grateful for all the small things that become cherished to me after I’ve left them behind.
So this week I would like to look back on this beautiful one month I have spent in Cabarete. Here is everything I am grateful for:
- Driving through mountain roads on our 150cc motorbike in search of rivers to dive into without a care in the world
- Being reunited with 2 of my closest friends. Beings girls that laugh, cry and eat chocolate together
- Fresh avocados, mangos and bananas growing on my doorstep
- Early nights, early mornings. Starting each day by watching he sun rise
- Time, endless time, rolled out in front of me like an ocean of wonder
But most of all, I am grateful for the chance to spend every waking and sleeping moment with the man I love. With time to be still together, to learn the intricacies of one another, and to dream together. When we have lives that meander across continents, cultures and time-zones, this quiet time together precious.
I leave the Dominican Republic full to the brim with love, an inner-quietness, and 2 kilos of great coffee. More on USA and Independent Lake Camp coming next week. Happy travels!